transitioning into another life, empty nester

My daughter has left for college. She is my only child. I am looking for a support group for women who is looking for an identity outside of the home.

With Love

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I can't help with groups, but I can tell you how my mom copes. She took over my room as a studio, and she is much more active as an artist. She enters pieces in shows, works on a community betterment project, and is beginning to take commissions for mural work. She views it as a chance to do what she never had time for while we lived at home. You might try taking up something that you let go for your family's needs.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It seems to me that there are mostly young moms w/kids on this site... try googling groups online elsewhere. Good luck!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I didn't mean to say young moms. I meant moms w/young kids. sorry. just trying to help.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Try looking for groups for your age

Answer by admckenzie at 6:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• start travelling mama!! www.knowforyourself.webs.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009