I'm so damn close to leaving him...

Okay so my fiance and I seem to be butting heads more and more often, because he takes things the wrong way and he flies off the handle.
Have you seen Tyra's episode with the "Mantrums"?... yeah. That's what mine does.
So my family is driving down from LA to come pick us up for the weekend. They are currently 1 hour away (I just called to check.)
My fiance just out of nowhere, and after pitching a bitch earlier about god knows what, says "I'm not going!".
Okay. That's fine. Except for the fact that they've already booked us our own hotel room, and already bought his favorite snacks to have in the hotel room, and told the other part of the family we're going to see, that we BOTH are coming.
Am I crazy, or do I have every right to be mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You can be mad...youre right to be mad...but dont show him youre mad---just like a 2yr old feeding the tantrum wont stop it, only shows them it works.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Now's the time to leave, before you are married. He's not going to get better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OMG that would make me sooo mad and upset its just uncomfortabe for you b/c everyone is going to be asking million of questions about where he is why he is not there my boyfriend has done that and i would just miss out or have to beg and give him something if he went i hope he comes around and you can get him to go in the last hour you got hope everything goes good and yall or just you have a good time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If it's important to you that he goes i know it will be hard but try and make it better between you two. Whatever you fought about earlier try and work it out. Both my hubby and i are hard headed but eventually one or both have to give in and apologize or talk about it just try not to yell it's hard but you have to try or you will never work. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• and if you get him to go and he throws a fit in front of your fam they will know he's an ass and that will help you in the long run
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Did you discuss the plans with him before you agreed to this trip or did you and your parents make the arrangement and then you just told him about it? If he was a part of the decision and agreed to the trip then you have a right to be annoyed and should figure out what it is that's really bothering him. If you made these plans without discussing it with him and just told him what you guys would be doing, then you disrespected him and he's rebelling.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• HE'S the one who wanted to go in the first place!

-OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• just do everything you can to get him to go kiss his butt if you have to and like i said if he does it in front of your fam then they wont be suprized later if you dont get married
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My Dh and I have had similar issues, and it doesn't get better. The only difference now is my attitude over it. I just know its a part of him and I accept it. I realized that he was usually only upset because my family is very close not only emotionally but also in distance. He is really only close to him mom and grandmother and they live farther away. So in many ways my DH is just homesick and jealous. On top of that he has an anxiety disorder, so that doesn't help. Once I backed off though things got better.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Just hug his neck and tell him how lonely you will be in that motel room without him. If that doesn't work tell him you will find some stud to stay with you if he isn't there. lol Ok, that is what I'd do but you say what is right for you!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009