What is the best online school?

I am looking into getting a BS in psychology. I want to do all of my classes online. I am looking into the University of Phoenix online. I am not looking for reviews on this school I am looking to see if there are any other online schools that anyone might have personal experience with.

Thank You!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in

• IU has a BS in general studies that I got years ago that is all online. We now live in AZ and there is a way students in AZ can enroll in the IU program and not have to pay out of state fees. I majored in Psychology. I had no problems getting into grad school.

There's not much you can do with a BS in psychology unless you want to go to grad school. Nursing is the way to go to earn a lot of money. My son was a psych nurse and made $40 an hour with a 2 year nursing degree starting out.

There are lots of online BS degrees. Look in your own state first because it will cost 1/2 to 1/4 as much as progams in other states.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Stay away from for-profit schools (like U of P). They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The best online schools are those done through brick and mortar colleges. They are not-for profit and have much more to provide. If you want to get into a field like psychology your best bet is to avoid any for profit colleges, which are most online. See if colleges in your area offer online classes and degrees.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Check out Columbia College. They are a brick and mortar school that offers online degrees. Great school and probably the least expensive. http://www.ccis.edu
    starr2girl

Answer by starr2girl at 10:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009