What is the nicest thing you have done for someone recently?

I am interested in see how people find ways to do something helpful or nice to others that resulted in a positive reaction. Please share. Don't be shy.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I offered to tutor some guy in college algebra knowing he's the one who put my grandson in jail. He thought my grandson was involved with an assault on him but my grandson showed up there and broke it up. When the guy came to he saw my gs and listed him as one of the assailants so my gs is sitting in jail after paying $3,000 for an attorney. Do I hold a grudge for what he's done? Nope bc I know he will fix it. We're still out the money, my gs is still sitting in a dirty jail but this young man needs my help to get through his math class.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My DH has been struggling with his schedule of working nights, so the other day I made him a fresh pot of his favorite hazelnut coffee and also made him breakfast in bed...the works...eggs, toast, hashbrowns, sausage. Then the other day my daughters and I took him an iced coffee and a burger that he loves. Just trying to give him a pick me up. He rarely helps me around the house and he ended up doing the dishes, cleaning up the living room and vacuuming for me...out of nowhere!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was waiting for my ds at school to pick him up and this lady started telling me about how her friend needs some type of pregnancy support belt (I was wearing my 13 month old in my moby...kind of looks, I spose like what she is talking about) and I have one. I never met this woman and I never met her friend, but I didn't see the point in her buying one (mine that I bought five years ago was 75.00, but necessary because I couldn't walk! Baby was laying funny and I was put on bed rest and the rest of the time this stupid support belt held my belly off of my hips to take the pressure off.) I had her follow me home and I gave it to her, nothing in return, but just to know if it worked out for her! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I make cakes on the side and my babysitters friend couldnt afford to get her kid a birthday cake for his 3rd bday. So i made a Dinosaur landscape cake with a volcano and lava. The works and took it to her that morning and just said "Hope he has a great birthday!" and left. It was a $65 cake.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I bought a gift card for a lady on cafe mom that did not own a coat.She then bought mittens and scarfs for her 5 kids. She thanked me over and over and I felt so glad that I could help her out.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i recently gave a bag of my 5 yr olds old winter clothes to someone living in my apt complex in need. :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 6:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I found a housekeeping job for a very needy lady that needed one, I have done this a few times before and she calls me her guardian angel.

Answer by older at 9:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• All these are such great answers...it really has encouraged me by reading your responses to my question! We can do so much to cheer or help others if just think about it and put it into action. Congratulations to you all -you are all winners in this life!
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2009