Would you let your child's step mom watch them or find your own child care?

If you had primary custody? But you worked and she stayed home. This is not a situation I am in I was just thinking about it. I wouldn't want my son to love her more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it would make the child love the stepmother more.  Thats just my opinion though.  I'm not sure if I would or not.  I guess if we were friends and my child and her had a good relationship then yes I would. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Depending on my relationship with her & the kind of person she is.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 4:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think I would if I felt like she did a good job with my child and loved them like her own. I know that a child will always want their mom or dad and if they can have more loving and supportive people in their life then I say go for it. It is about what is best for your kid not your feeligs of jealousy. I have had my son call the daycare lady mama and its not because he didnt love me. I thought it was cute.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It would depend on the relationship I have with her and how my children react to her. Just like it would be with anyone that watched my child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'd say the step mom because you wouldnt have to worry about the kid getting sick or being mistreated at school. Also they step mom is going to take much better care of the kid, and probly not cost as much as day care !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Agree with mommorgan. If we had a good relationship between us, I would have no problems with it however. Your child will always love you more as Mom. I have always felt that the more people my children know love them in 'extended family' the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Only because we've all seen how her kids turned out in her care......I'd have to say no.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• it would depend on how she treated my child. it's better for my son to have a strong relationship with the other parent figures in his life than go to someone else who i don't even know. i think it's a little weird that you wouldn't want your child to love the woman his father is married to. don't you think that would make it easier on everybody? it's not like he's going to stop recognizing you as his mom, KWIM?
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You wouldn't want your son to love her more?

Wow! I never thought that about my children't stepmom. I never thought for an instant that they would love anyone more than me. When you breastfeed no one can take your place. If you are a great mom then no one can once they are weaned.

My kids had a great stepmom. She couldn't have children and worked and they paid more support than they had to so I didn't have to work when the boys were young. They had a good relationship with her. One of my sons was pretty devastated when she died suddenly when he was 19. He had just spent the weekend at their house and she had been fine.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm a step-mom and I stay home while her mom works and she is with me most of the time because of this. She is 5 years old, loves her mom to death but also loves me too. Why put her with a babysitter when she can be with someone she knows and if your a good mother then you don't have to worry about your child loving someone more because nobody will ever be able to replace a childs mother.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009