induction on monday...

I'm being induced Monday morning and I was wondering...

What kinds of food would be best to eat? I know bland stuff but any specifics? They said I can eat but to eat light.

Also, I've been pretty backed up (constipated) is it safe to take a laxative? If so, when should I take it? Early Sunday or wait til Sunday night?

Any other pieces of advice to prepare for this?

Thanks! (:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same issue, I was even induced on a Monday, lol.

I took a gentle laxative on Sunday morning. Sunday and Monday morning I ate light, toasted cheese, toast, some decaf hot tea, things like that.

Try to get as much sleep as possible before you go in. Even if you are induced you can still be in labor for a long time. Pack crossword puzzles, your iPod, etc.

And last.....RELAX and ENJOY the miracle you are bringing into the world Momma!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I agree SLEEP LOL
    I couldnt sleep before mine so I was so beat during.
    I ate normally the day before and then wasnt supposed to after midnght (induced at 4 am ) I was only aloud water til I got to the hospital after that nothing til after she was born .
    Congrats! Good luck !
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Don't do it unless you have to! You can wait for labor to start on it's own for up to 42 weeks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• gosh ^^^ what is it with you not wanting anybody to getting  induced!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I agree why tell someone not to .
    You honestly dont know how far along they are
    If they are having problems
    If the themselves are having medical issues
    All she did was ask what is she aloud to eat and iff she can take something to go BM .
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Gailll - It was obviously my decision to be induced...they don't just tell you that you have to be induced, they ask and they schedule it. it's really not your concern if i do or not and for what reason. But just so you know...I'm past my due date and I'm struggling with preclampsia so I need to do this.

Everyone else - thanks!

- OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Chances are they may give you an enema anyway when you get to the hospital. Just so you know. I don't like laxatives and would recommend a stool softener instead. I ate alot of jello and saltines. But salt isn't the best thing right now if you're preeclampsia. I agree toast, sanwiches, salads, and anything high fiber. Drink plenty of water and try to sleep. I don't know if you'll be opting for epidural, but if you do, get demerol first. It makes inserting the epi a bit easier if you have a low tolerance of pain, like me. LOL Good Luck mama!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009