What would be a great gift for a 1st Wedding Anniversary?

My DD will be Married one year soon! She's my oldest DD. Always was the DD that did everything Right! She put herself through college, had to work it off, still paying it off.. Bought her own Braces & what not! Always thoughtful, giving, caring ,sharing & kind. She does some wonderful charities & does kind good Deeds often! She can always be counted on by everyone! She's a talented Artist too! So what would be a nice gift for her & her DH.? Big problem is we went through our savings. My DH & I & we're jobless! Times are pure hardships & problems galore.. Every month we're worse off! But I won't not get my DD & her DH a nice gift. No matter what I have to sell to get them something! Any Ideas? What did you get or want?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Great question ! LOL My one year is coming up too :)
    If you are tight on money Im sure they know that right?
    Why not hit up the dollar store and get a bunch of things to put together a card.
    I love card making I am really great at it LOL.
    Im sure that would be more than enough !
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OH I know one thing my dad and my step mom got
    Her folks put together in a huge frame pictures of him when he was a baby toddler kid and teen then the other half was the same for my step mom and then at the end of it it said 2 beautiful babies one perfect couple and it had a picture of their wedding below it
    they have it hanging in the living room still
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thank you Countrygirls422, for your nice Caring Replies! I hope your first Anniveresary is a very Happy one! May it be filled with Love, great memories & happiness! PS- Sorry my vision isn't the Best! What kind of truck are you on? Forgive me but it looks like a teal greenish Dodge Pick up! Sorry if I guessed wrong! You got my heartfelt Wish for Pure Happiness though!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• "won't not" = double negative. See if she will get you grammar lessons. Why would you give her a gift for her first anniversary? Parents don't give gifts for that. That's just silly. She didn't marry you. HE gets HER a gift and SHE gets HIM a gift. Understand how it works now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Gah why so mean anon ?
    I know plenty of parents that give their kids some kind of gift for their one year.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Do you live close to her? You could go over and make them a nice dinner that they just have to put in the oven (maybe something like lasagna) Get a bottle of wine for them and some inexpensive flowers and candles for the table., try the dollar store. Just have it all decorated for them so your daughter doesn't have to do all that work. I sure would like that if someone did that for me and then they can have a romantic time together without worrying about anything. Oh you might include some nice bath salts or something too *grin*
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was going to say the same as SophiaofLight - that's what my parents did for our first anniversary - it was wonderful and one that I will remember the rest of my life - even tho the marriage didn't last - I think you're great to think of them like that. Most parents don't.
    toady07

Answer by toady07 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009