doe the bible address the emotional person.

im struggling alot with built up resentment... i use to be able to let things go alot easier then i do now..i do believe from the bottom of my heart that having a resentment is like taking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person. however with that said... im having a hard time.. letting go and moving forward.. where does all this emotion come from.. being human.. god challenging the soul to forgive.. the evil part of life..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Problems should be addressed early in order to prevent those "bitter roots" from taking hold.(Hebrews 12:14,15) We should remember the great debt God has forgiven us--all the sins that we've committed that Jesus bears for us---and extend the same grace to others. Continue to pray for yourself and those you feel resentment towards. We can't allow our emotions to rule us and dictate how we treat others. Look to truth, feel your feelings, and control your thoughts. When you feel the resentful feelings building, pray and redirect your thoughts to something peaceful. (James 4:7, 1 Corinthians 10:3-6, Ephesians 6:11-18) It really works if we submit to God's will and not our own!

I'll add you and your concern to my prayer list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We have to forgive in order to be forgiven. Do you want to be forgiven for the things you said and did that might of hurt others?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Lexy said it :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have been struggling w/ this also...i'm growing stronger in christ and find it so hard to forgive some things....I just pray anytime i start to think about things that bother me and read my bible a lot it helps so much...i'm asking God to help me forgive and let things go. Just remember that its like a stray dog if you feed it, it will come back. lol i have to tell myself that a lot!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Lexy is right... I am dealing with emotional stuff too but I do not have resentment as much as I am dealing with regret. Forgiveness is the key and forgiving yourself is a must and that is what Im working on. I dealt with resentment and bitterness right off the bat... that is something I did not want hanging around but I do carry pain in the depths of my heart and at times cry.
    I do not think pain ever fully goes away but moving on is a good move.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• this is something i also need healing in, my hurts, emotions, etc. So i hear you all, and i will continue to forgive and let go of those hurts.
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2009