Discharge or Mucus Plug?

This may be a little TMI! I am 35 wks & 5 days. Last week I went to the Dr and he said I had a "fingertip" opening to my cervix. My whole pregnancy i've had discharge. Some days much more than others. Once this week I experienced a lot of slimy green mucus. Then a couple of days later I noticied I was wet. I thought I may needed to wear a lightday pad. When I went to check there was about a teaspoon size glob of very very thick white sticky mucus. As I wiped I got about a tablespoon size on the paper. Is this discharge or could it be I am losing my mucus plug?

DBoswell

Asked by DBoswell at 5:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you did lose your mucus plug.  I'm SO excited to be able to answer this question, lol.  I'm pregnant with my 3rd child and I had never seen a mucus plug before.  I asked this same question and I got a lot of good feedback on what it looks like and things like that.  It was awesome, :)   Sorry, I started ranting.  LOL.  Good luck and congrats!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• plug!! I know its nasty, but there is nothing you can do lol.
    I remember when I lost mine I was at my mom's house and my brother had friends over and I didnt know what it was so I screamed and my mom ran in the bathroom. After she seen it she ran out laughing and decided to tell ALL of my brothers friends what had just happend lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Oh, and at your next appointment (if you aren't being regularly checked) you can ask your Midwife or OB if you have lost your plug, most of them can tell easily if it has happened!  Oh I'm SO excited for you!  Sorry, too much caffeine, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Plug! I lost mine at 38wks im now 40wks so it could still be awhile! But gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009