Have you ever had to fire a friend from her position?

I am the director at a volunteer organization. I have a very good friend that is always late, if she shows up at all, and when she does show up she oversteps her bounds as far as making decisions and imposing her will on others. She was already cautioned and yet nothing has changed. I went to my boss about it and he agreed tha├× she needed to be asked to step down so that we can find someone more reliable. My friend found out that I had talked to my boss before I "fired" her and is now very upset that I didn't come to her first. My thoughts are yes she is my friend but this is a business first and my boss is eventually the one who has to stick his neck out to the money watchers when stuff like this happens. While I have no intention of letting this ruin our friendship, my friend apparently sees things differently. Was I wrong to go to my boss first?

wan2bprov31

Asked by wan2bprov31 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not at all. You did the right thing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009