breastfeeding

Im pro breastfeeding i believe if you can do it you should and that everyone should give it a try.
I keep seeing alot of breastfeeding questions today and most are so negative and the pro breastfeeding moms at time are very pushy about it. Isnt it a women choice? why do SOME of the pro breastfeeders push so hard its like you want to make those who choose not to feel like garbage and they are bad parents.
How sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm made to feel bad all of the time because I need to be on a certain medicine to regulate my thyroid. It goes in to my breast milk and I cannot breast feed. And I get things like "well, can't you stop taking the medicine?". Well sure, if my baby wants to be feeding when mommy has a heart attack because fat has gone in to her blood stream. Or if I want to fall asleep sittiting up and sleep non stop for the time the baby breast feeds.

Sorry, I'd rather be a good mom and formula feed than an unhealthy bad mom. It all depends on your situation and it's your baby and your boobies. Unless you pushy women want to come and let my baby latch on to your boob, then shut up for once. And if you try to pop your boob in my kids mouth you wouldn't have it for long before I made sure you couldn't breast feed again,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wasnt trying to be pushy i was woundering why some pro breastfeeding moms are so rude about it. Im sorry i didnt mean to upset you.
    I know that NOT everyone can breastfeed there are many reason why you cant. If you cant you cant formula is not bad your baby is fed and healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Well it's because (Like that one woman Gailll said), there are so many babies who DIE every year because their parents didn't care enough to breast feed them, and it's all the fault of the parents.
    PSH...WHATEVER!
    I wasn't able to breast feed, although I would have loved to have that experience. But these BFNs (Breast-Feeding-Nazis) are taking it too far by saying that anyone can breast feed, and that it's neglect if you don't.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Wow.  I hope no one thought I was putting them down for NOT breastfeeding.  I've breastfed both of mine and I will breastfeed this one also.  I don't think badly about moms who choose not to.  I only meant that in regards to feeling sexual about breastfeeding that I would recommend trying.  I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009