Mary Kay... Have you used it and how did it work for you?

I was using proactiv and now that I have been using Mary Kay, my skin is already starting to look better.

It's expensive but so far it has been worth it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I love Mary Kay! I actually started selling it, because I believe it's such a good product. My skin has never felt better. I've never used Proactive, so I can't compare. But I would recomend Mary Kay 100%. If you have particular questions about specific products or whatever, feel free to message me.
    mkJenne

Answer by mkJenne at 6:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Ditto to the PP! It worked so well for me I started selling it! I love the stuff. I had horrible acne growing up and tried everything. my Granny started using it, and it worked wonders for her, so I tried it, and it did the same for me, and my mom and little sister.

and if you compare it to other cosmetic prices, its really not that expensive. Plus there is a 100% buy back guarantee if it doesn't work for you
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 8:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.ewg.org/
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• rkoloms, you need to check you facts. Thats not true at all, for Mary Kay anway. I don't know about Avon
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 6:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My eyes have been opened. Dear Anonymous, if you eat cases and cases of Mary Kay products or smoke large quantities of certain products, you may at some point increase your risk of cancer. Mary Kay products are intended and tested for external use only. So, please, please, don't eat your makeup!

I don't mean to be condescending or dismissive, rkoloms. I do really appreciate your concern and watchfulness. I don't trust the FDA farther than I can throw it (and it being a large government agency, I doubt I could even get my arms around it, much less lift or throw it) so I do think it is important for consumers to be watchful. However, I did check out the chemicals flagged and while, there are chemicals in the products that could be harmful if used improperly and in high, high amounts (I'm talking eating lipstick until you throw up and then eating more), it's certainly not something to worry about.
    mkJenne

Answer by mkJenne at 10:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009