can my daughter father sign all his rights over to me without paying child support

he ask if he can do it can he do that under the laws in maryland

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• not in california. even if he signs over his rights, he still has to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anon i have never heard that,once they sign them off they have no more obligations,but ,maybie you know something i dont ,first time i have ever heard that.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My thoughts would be that they can sign over their rights, but that doesn't change the fact that they're the kids father and they had a hand in making her.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think it's different in every state.  I would google your local city and state and find out what the protocols are.  In Indiana, they no longer pay support or have any say in whats going on with the child(ren).

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If he signs over his rights he doesn't pay child support. Your next husband is free to adopt your child.
    Micksbabe

Answer by Micksbabe at 6:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I agree it is different in each state, but again it's what you put in paper. Why would you want money if you do not want him to have any rights? ut ties all together and move on with your lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The father can have to still pay support.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4607235_giving-up-fathers-parental-rights.html
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am going through this right now. The courts WILL interfere if they don't agree with it and so that way they have proof that you are paying. I have experience in this as we speak.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• The only way a father can avoid child support is to relinquish his parental rights. Other than that, he still has to pay.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Um.. here in Pennsylvania if a father sign over the rights he doesn't pay child support.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 8:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009