help im curious :D

ok so i have been told baby is in transverse lie which means she is laying over my hips. now my question is if my ob recommends on not moving her and does a c-sec can i still go into labour on my own or is this not possible im just curios thats all :)

MyPrincesses421

Asked by MyPrincesses421 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is still a possibility that you will go into labor before your c-section is scheduled.  Wow, your Dr. should have talked to you about this babe!  I've never had a transverse baby so hopefully you will get some good answers asking here.  Congrats and good luck!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You can always go into labor, and she could always turn herself on her own.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm being seen by a midwife. She told me that there ways to move the baby into the right position to avoid a c-section. C-section is major surgery. I would ask your OB what can be done to prevent a c-section.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I would not elect for a cesarean because the baby can move before/in labor. The pre/early contractions are known to coax baby into the preferred anterior position. Not giving the baby the chance might be consenting to an unnecessary cesarean. If labor begins and baby hasn't moved, then of course it would have to be a cesarean.

Fortunately, there are very helpful ways to encourage & help baby into head-down!     Be sure to try all you can to avoid unnecessary risks:

Transverse Lie, or baby lying sideways

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thanks Doulala i have tried these positions and so far nothing has happened.. i know before anyone says so that the baby can still move like my title says i was just curious and asking questions.. but thanks for all the advice. and i do plan on talking with my ob on thursday
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009