homosexuality

So people are born gay, I have been pondering this. Some say well they were destined for hell and some say it must be God's plan well what is it? Is it ok to be gay or not?! Also yes people are born gay but also some people are born with predispositions to violence, alcoholism, etc. and so forth, maybe it's kinda the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a non-believer but as a former catholic, God loves every person...and every person sins. No sin is greater than another and no sin more evil than another. (although I dont believ being gay is a sin) If one asks for forgivness they can go to heaven.. I think.
    Anywho I believe one is hard wired to be gay or straight. It is ingrained in us. JMO
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 7:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think you might be onto something with this.  I came from an abusive family, therefore, I know what I have the potential to do.  Everyday is about focusing on the positive and not falling into the same pattern of violence.  My parents were alcoholics, I too am an alcoholic.  I don't drink anymore but the urge is still there.  I think if the person who is gay thinks it's okay, then it's okay.  It's not my place to say whether something is right or wrong, I can only state my opinions.  I guess thats all any of us can do, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i think people get very confused,with God not liking sin,but loving us,he loves us but when we do wrong then wrong it is,i based everything off the bible so what does God say about sodom and gomorrah? we can sit here and argue all day about it and whats in the bible will not change,some might say they dont believe in the bible and thats fine,but if you do believe it and you actually read it then you would know the answer.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Being born gay is not a predesposition, it s the very core of identity, no comparison. I cannot imagine God making a mistake so I know it is ok to be different, and God loves everyone the same no exceptions to that rule. It is ok to be who you are w./o being shunned for it, God would not object to a loving commited relationship, love is what he is all about.

Answer by older at 7:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i don't believe people are born gay. neither are people born alcholics. it's really all in how you are raised. kids look to their parents as guides. even when they go through the "i hate you" stage, they still look up to you. some may not realize they are until they're older. so if you're parents are alcholics, it's not in your blood, it's something you saw as you grew up so it's easier to become one. you have a choice though. i'm not saying that people that are gay had parents that are gay. maybe their parents had gay friends? maybe they saw how easy it was for the opposite sex, so that's what they wanted to be when they grew up. maybe they saw how their friends of the same sex understood them more? who knows? i just don't believe God would have someone be born gay. (i'm not sayng i don't like gay ppl, they can be cool. in my eyes, it's not the person, it's the sin you should ,"dislike" ,for better word)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Anon 7:38 most homosexuals come from heterosexual parents, your theory is way off, it has nothing to do with upbringing or role models. My daughter who is a lesbian was never anywhere near a gay person, all three of my kids were raised in the same environment, in a loving home, and only one turned out gay. Do some research on the subject before making assumptions.

Answer by older at 7:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. (Galatians 5:24)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i don't believe people are born gay. neither are people born alcholics. it's really all in how you are raised. kids look to their parents as guides. even when they go through the "i hate you" stage, they still look up to you. some may not realize they are until they're older. so if you're parents are alcholics, it's not in your blood, it's something you saw as you grew up so it's easier to become one. you have a choice though.

It's not in your blood but there is such a thing as predisposition. You are MORE LIKELY to become an alchoholic especially when you are BORN with an addictive personality, I agree with the woman who said do some research.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I dont know why people are gay, but I do know that the bible clearly states that sodom and gomorrah(spelling) was destroyed because of it. If God destroyed two cities because of this than what makes some people think that it is ok now? The scientists say that people are born this way but how do they really know? If they know this than they must think that people are born to be child molesters and murderers. I guess we we have to have a relationship with God or wait until judgement day to get answers to all we dont know.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• STOP WITH THE HOMOSEXUALITY QUESTIONS PLEASE!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2009