Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! I need a little advice on rental insurance

I had a incident that happened in my apartment on july 26th 09 . what happened is around 2am my sons room springler went off and caused a terrible flood and caused a lot of damage to my apartment and the people under me.I was so upset I could not believe this was happening. my policy is 100,000 and my personal liabilty is 20,000. I gave the adjuster everything they need for my payment to replace my furniture. they gave me 3,764 dollars for my damages but they did not cover half of all the things that gotten messed up. to get to the story they no longer want me anymore with them because of three claims I had to put in due toso they are ending my policy soon . they send me a letter saying 6000 dollars on reserved. can someone please Help me with this before I close the policy I want to make sure they gave me all the money due to me.thank you for your respond should I get a lawyer on this situation.reserved for water loss .

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (1)
  • you can find a lawyer who will work for a percentage of your insurance pay-out. that way you dont pay up front. insurance law is sticky! find someone who specializes in insurance law.

    Answer by ecodani at 11:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.