homemade baby food and cheapest cloth diapers

ok... so i have a ton of questions about baby food.. how do i jar it, how long can i keep it in the freezer/fridge before it goes bad, what can i give my daughter, what website is the best go to place? and where can i find the cheapest but good quality cloth diapers???

usmcgirl86

Asked by usmcgirl86 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I made my baby food and froze it in ice cube trays and then bagged it. I have used it as far out at 4 mos and it was still good. I wouldn't leave it in the fridge any longer than 3-4 days. I don't know about cloth diapers. We didn't use those.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have to ask my mama she did it for us,but im pretty sure she made it daily for us 3 kids
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ok wow well for making your own baby food
    I blend up the food and then stick them in ice trays to feeze once they are frozen pop them out and stick them in a freezer bag you can keep them for up to 2 months frozen. putting them in the ice trays are just a good way to know how much exactly you are giving baby they typically are 1 oz serverings per litte cube.
    if you are just starting your little one on food i suggest avacado and so does alot of baby websites its a great first food easy to digest and packed full of great nutrion for baby and good fat content to. now it doesnt freeze well.
    I dont know nothing about cloth diapers though. good luck.
    oh and for a first fruit papiya is a good one its easy on the belly and easy to digest to.
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I made my kids food in the blender at mealtime. I put whatever fruits or veggies I made for our supper in the blender and fed it to them. You can blend or chop meat at about 10-12 months.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have never done my own baby food but I am pregnant now and am going to cloth diaper. There is sooooo many differen't brands and types out there that it is a bit everwhelming at first. The cheapest method would be to use prefolds with covers. I have bought Green Mountain Diapers prefolds and I have a few different covers to try so I know what I like. I have a few proraps, thirsties and a few Work at home mom (WAHM) covers. I suggest searching the forums on diaperswappers.com for used diapers, you can get some great deals. www.myfluffybums.com has some great covers start at $5. You don't need to change the cover each time you change the diaper as long as poop doesn't get in it. I prefer pocket diapers which are a bit more expensive. Again you can get some good deals on used ones though. There is a WAHM on Cafemom that makes some for a good price. Search her under groups - Nicky's Cloth Booties. HTH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Babies can be exclusively breastfed until 6 months or longer. Then you can start with mashed banana or sweet potatoe. You don't have to jar food or freeze. It is really easy. A good website for info is www.kellymom.com
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Mothering Magazine discussion boards have a lot of info about cloth diapers.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• What kind of diapers are you interested in?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    all your questions will be answered there!

And cloth diapers, check out the cloth diapering group on here. There's all kinds of reviews and stuff.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm not sure...I wanted to do the cloth diaper thing, but got overwhelmed with all the info and stuff. lol

As far as making your own baby foods, I would freeze them, but not for more than 4 months, unless you're using a deep freezer. I think they're good until about 6 months then. Just be careful when storing them, as your homemade baby foods won't have preservatives that keep them fresher longer like commerical baby foods. You can start your baby on solid foods between 4-6 months...your doctor will let you know, because its different for each doctor.

Using ice cube trays is a really good idea....that way you don't loose control of how much your child is eating.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009