I reallllly want a girl.

I know that I should'nt say this and people are gonna judge me. It's not that I wouldn't love a son just as much but I want a girl this bad soooo bad this time. Of course a healthy baby is the most important thing. I am actually a little obsessed with the thought of having a baby girl. I love my son very much and I'm happy I had a boy but I think the mother-daughter bond is just different than the mother-son bond. Has anyone else felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a 25 year old daughter that I am willing to let you adopt. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I hope you get your wish!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It might be strange for me to adopt a daughter 2 years OLDER than me...LOL But thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• as i sit here and read your post, i'm listening to my daughter crying her head off cuz she didn't get her way, as my son is just sitting there looking at her like "ok just deal with it, it's life". mind you, my dd is 1 and my ds is 2. I was like you, i REALLY wanted a girl, i had a boy first, and the second was dying to have a girl, and i got my wish. now i wonder why i ever wanted one. i mean i love her to death and will never regret her, but OMG GIRLS ARE SUCH DRAMA QUEENS!!! they say you have to worry about girls when their teens, nobody ever said it starts from the beginning! someone asked me if i were ever to get pregnant again (which i'm not planning on, we are SO DONE lol) and i didn't even miss a beat the answer was BOY lol. they're so much easier. but i do hope you get your wish. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I'm 23 and I wanted a girl for as long as I could remember. Finally, March 11, 2009 Miah Lynn met the world and I couldn't be more happy. She's an amazing baby and I couldn't love her anymore than I already do. I wouldn't mind if I would've had a boy, but the bond that I have with my daughter is priceless. I have a 6 year old stepson and we have NOTHING in common, so it's really hard to relate to him, but with Miah it's different. She likes clothes, hair and getting dressed..lol. If she's this much fun now, I can't wait to see what she'll be like when she's older. Good luck and I hope you get your baby girl & if not, a happy healthy baby all the same!!
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am just kiddin of course. I have two daughters. Yes, girls are drama queens, but you have to remember how you were when you were a kid. That's the key to raising a girl, I believe. You have to remember the emotions you had and how you dealt with them. Remember to not make the same mistakes that your mother made, or that you think she made. That's how I raised my girls!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I don't agree with Anon...girls are NOT drama queens because of their sex. Kids are drama-filled because of their personalities and ages. I've seen just as many little boys sitting in the day care director's office, crying, whining and with snotty noses, yelling "I want my mommy!" because they didn't get their way.

Girls are more independent than boys are, almost from the beginning (no, that's not just wishful thinking, its something we studied in my college Child Development course). Moms of boys, I'm told (by other moms) have to deal with their little boys being especially clingy for a longer period of time.

I said all that to say this...girls aren't easier than boys, or vise versa. Every child has their own personality, and that will determine their 'drama' status, as well as how they're parented.

I have 3 girls, and I can tell you that a healthy baby is really all that matters. But I'll wish you luck on your girl
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• im kinda on the oppisite end..i have 2 beautiful girls and am pregnant with what will be my last child....i was soo hoping for a boy but turns out ill be having another girl..i was upste at first but am now excited about her being a her lol...ull love ur child no matter what and u can always try for another lol
    bananbb

Answer by bananbb at 8:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am hoping for a girl too!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 9:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I have my boy and i wanted a girl just as much as you....found out, this one is a boy. I am disappointed, but i am still happy. I just really wanted to buy cute dresses and love a little girl. This is my last child, so i will never get my girl, but it was a nice thought.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009