why does everyone look down on people that get pa?

I move back to my home state thinkin that my job was comming with me. Needless to say when i got up here it took them two weeks to tell me that they hired too meny people(they open a bigger store, Walmart that is). So i was screw out of a jub and i was been looking for a job. Thier nothing out here. Then i found out i was pregnant and my husband job did not have insurens and he did not make enough to pay all the bills and buy food and thing that is needed. So we got help from pa. and everyone looks down on us. But before we moved we both had good jobs and did not need anything. Now he lost his job and lookin for something and people talk so bad about us. Trust me as soon as our income taxes come we are going back and i will have my job back and so will he and we wont need help. I just dont understand why people look down on some one that really needs it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think people should look down on you. I think they look down on the people who take advantage and don't even try to better their lives. The programs are there for a reason, everyone needs help at some piont in their life and that's nothing to ba ashamed of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Holy lay off....who cares if she can spell or not. She said she worked at Wal mart so I doubt she feels too good for BK or Mc D.'s. Hun, just do what you need to for your family and don't worry about what others think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Because they have been fortunate enough to have not been there themselves....they don't have any sense of appreciation for how blessed they are. I believe in karmic retribution..I've seen people who sit back and judge others being brought to their knees and thrown into the same scenario as the person they were judging so harshly. I'm one of them, so I can attest to it personally, but I've seen it happen to other people too.  When I see others less fortunate than me now I say to myself 'there but by the grace of God, go I'~!  Sh*t happens in life and if it isn't happening to you...count your blessings and show some compassion, try reachin out to help others instead of condeming them~!

chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 8:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• amen chocolatluver!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• yes, people only look down on it when people take advantage of the system. I dont like it when I see people on assistance then seeing them smoking, drinking, buying useless things and not even looking for a job.. that bothers me.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

While debates around hot topics are welcomed and encouraged, personal attacks are not. We want everyone to feel comfortable debating their point of view about any topic without being personally attacked for their beliefs.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I believe they stereotype us as being low life scum. But they are just ignorant to the individual situations of all moms. I personally am getting tired of the whole "kick them while their down" mentality.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Because some people have their nose in the clouds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009