what meal does your toddler always ask for seconds on?

My DD is a GREAT eater. She'll eat everything I put in front of her, no matter if its something new (she's had immense variety from the start, which I think helps).

She still tips her bowl when she's done (which is progress from throwing it on the floor lol) except for one meal. She will gobble every bite of my I-really-don't-wanna-cook-dinner, which is: Annie's mac n cheese, frozen mixed veggies, and a cut up ham steak or keilbasa with some real cheese thrown in. She loves eat! She only dropped one noodle on the floor tonight lol and she even asked for seconds. Any time I make this dinner (once a month usually) she always asks for more.

What is your child's favorite?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 8:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP, LOL! That is the exact dinner I make for my DD and she LOVES it! Always asks for seconds. I usually make it with chicken, but sometimes canned salmon. I have sometimes used just broccoli in it instead of mixed veggies. She loves it. I love it because I can make up a batch and freeze the leftovers. Instant dinner for next time.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Hamburger hotdish with corn, cr. of mush soup, onions and egg noodles. Same thing my siblings and I couldn't get enough of as kids.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• my toddler only asks for seconds when it's chicken nuggets or fish sticks. he pushes away everything else. my my 1 year old daughter eats everything i put in front of her, except for celery, which i recently found out lol. sometimes she asks for seconds, sometimes she doesn't. just depends on if she's still hungry or not. i'm sssooo happy and hope it stays this way. my ds was like that but at 18 months is when he started getting picky. i have to give him V8 Fusion juice just for him to get his servings of fruits and veggies, while my dd is eating raw tomato. :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ETA please pardon all the typos lol I just reread the question, but it won't let me edit it.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• green beans, any fruit, and sadly but true.. hot dogs.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• His fathers mashed potatoes.... My son loves watermelon, grapes, cherries, and bread. He will eat anything , but these are his must haves for now.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Definetly watermellon for my youngest son who is 16mo. He loves watermellon.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anything with broccoli, she would eat an entire bag of frozen broccoli if I let her!!!! Fruit too of course, but usually broccoli
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Luke is kinda picky but anything fruit he loves to eat and Alana will eat just about anything and always loves seconds for everything as well :)
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• nothing my dd is a picky eater if i can get her to eat one good emal a day is a good day for me.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009