What word does your toddler pronounce wierdly?

I think its so wierd that DD says, "aya" for water, and "da-ba-dya" for thank you. She's really been blossoming with her speech and is speaking new words every day. We pronounce the sounds, and she may say "wa-dya!" for water a few times, then she always goes back to "aya." I know its work, I just think its so funny how she pronounces them, especially thank you!

epoh

Asked by epoh at 8:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mmmm it's good, it's wishus! (delicious)

She says your welcome properly, but the accent is so cute.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My older son says Grilr for girl. lol he just insists on saying it that way and he's almost 5.
    he used to say succum for your welcome. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• my dd says "ga" for go and good lol. my toddler says things cute, like helicopter,he says coptercopter (it sounds cuter than i wrote it lol).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Grandma is "mee-maw." shower is "shh-hower." blanket is "ginkey." It's not even just the words but the actions that go with it. The hands get pressed as in prayer with the head cocked to the side and a giant grin on her face as she says "peas (please)!" Or it gets me every time as she ducks her head and says in a soft voice of "horry (sorry)"
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• lol! I love this stage! :) My dd says "cake" for "snake", "docks" for "socks", "peasss" for "please", and so many others!!! I can't wait for her daddy to come hom and listen to her talk!!! I just have a week left of this 15 mos deployment!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• for some reason, elmo used to be "ca-ca". our daughter's name is madeline, so we call her maddie. our son instead of saying maddie, says maa maa. or maa-maa sissy. soo we call our baby maa-maa sometimes. haha.
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• everybuggy (everybody)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• For watermelon Mason says meaner. lol. Its really cute.
    MommaBunch84

Answer by MommaBunch84 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• for puppy luke will say poppy...with like this British accent thing and for a horse...its 'tow" and that is also what he calls a cow too...
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Max isn't talking but this made me think of my friends little boy. For fingers he says finners and for lotion he says losh. He is cute little guy.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009