in pain... Need advice.

I'm 19 weeks & 6 days. I've been in pain for over 24 hr.s. I've had contractions irregularly, I don't think it's labor, but my back is killing me. I hate the hospital, especially the ER. Question 1 is what could it be? 2, what should I do? 3, how far along do you have to be to be seen in labor & delivery, not the ER? ER treats me like crap, and not like a person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be BH contractions, which can be painful. You back could be hurting because...well, you're pregnant. Back pain is a part of being pregnant, and it can start in your second trimester.

You need to call you OB and tell him/her what's going on, and go from there. Anytime you have something weird going on with your pregnancy, call your OB FIRST.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I guess im lucky because where i live we have a womens hospital that deals mainly with womens issues, especially pregnacy issues. They treat you like a queen there. Do you have a midwife or an OB you can call and get checked out by? It depends on what is going on when you can go to labor/del. Call your OB or whoever you use and see what they recommend. I hope the best for you and baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I would call your doctor and tell him/her that you need to be seen and you would like to be seen in LND not in the ER and they can call them and let them know that you are on your way. I really think that you should be seen regardless if you have to go to the ER then this is your unborn child we are talking about. complain to whomever on monday if they treat you like shit your child needs to be checked RIGHT NOW..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i would call your dr an see what they suggest, although it does sound like braxton hicks =/ but i also think you can call your l&c floor an ask them what to do they might say its ok for you to come in an be seen instead of going to er. good luck! i hope you feel better
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2009