My 13 yrs. old son has a Tic Disorder, do anyone know how the disorder develops and the best treatment. He shakes his head uncontrollable and keeps headaches.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• It depends on the tic disorder. My son had what is called transient tic disorder (which is temporary) however, there is this kind as well I would suggest taking him to a doctor to find out more. It could be something completely different.

Answer by kimmie10575 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hope this helps

Tic disorders - Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms ...

Tic disorders are characterized by the persistent presence of tics, which are abrupt, repetitive involuntary movements and sounds that have been described ... - 44k

Answer by vbruno at 11:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Is he being treated by a neurologist? Tic disorders respond somewhat to medication. There is also a new treatment called deep brain stimulation.

Answer by nell_brinkley at 4:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2008