Stupid question I Know.......

When did you start giving your toddler a whole french fry or cracker for them to start taking a bite off of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 14 mo old. it depends on how many teeth they have and how they are doing with other foods.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• About 10 months. Not sure I'd do it now, unless I were sure the fry was really limp and soft.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My oldest at 8 or 9 months but he had a mouthful of teeth and knew how to use them. My youngest was close to 18 months the first time and it didn't go too well. He had a lot of physical challenges though. Whenever you think you child is ready just sit them on your lap..let them have one and watch them carefully. You'll know if it's okay or time to wait a bit more.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• When she was about a year old. Not a stupid question :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• probaly around 6 or 7months, my little one was walking and running by 7months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• about 18 months old or else he would just shove everything in his mouth and then coke :/ and i cant remember when Alana.
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My almost 8 months old is already chewing on french fries and bread. Some of it goes down, some of it goes on the floor. LOL
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 11:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• once my son had a couple teeth on top and on the bottom (around 9 months) we would hold up a ritz cracker to his mouth and he'd bite down on it.. we didn't give him one to hold or he would try to shove the whole thing in his mouth but as long as we were holding onto it he could bite
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Emi grabbed one off my plate last week. She's 11 months.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• This isn't a dumb question at all :) No worries. I think both of mine were about a year old, and I watched them very carefully. Cheerios are a good thing to start them out on too, because they dissolve easily, and don't get them all choked up. Just start on plain normal Cheerios, and then move on from there. Let them get used to the texture =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009