is this guy for real???

this guy freaked me out at the mall today while i was looking for books for my dd. he was talking about jenny mccarthys book and telling me one in 84 boys and 1 in 150 girls develope autism bc of their vaccines. he said there was enough aluminun in their first shots during the year which equaled out to 3 years worth and caused alot of autism and it was on the agenda. is he serious? it really creeped me out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would have told him to shut the hell up, and mind his own f**king business. Do your own investagation, find out for yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't believe anything that is in a Jenny McCarthy book. The last I heard about that, most of the crap she's peddling was proven wrong anway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It's a theory. One that has neither been proven nor disproven as of yet. It's interesting. I wanted to discount it just because it was Jenny Mcarthy too, but it WAS a good, informative read.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Do your own research.

Never trust some nut job in a mall.

Autism may be caused by materials in the vaccines...it may not. Nobody knows for sure, but to each their own.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• he was like...a little bit of aluminum helps the immune system, alot can damage it, and way too much can kill. he said he worked in dc with "the big boys"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ...and you believe him?

I mean, I could walk up to you and say "Hey, follow me to to my car and you can meet my cousin, Alicia Keys."

I mean, really. llol
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• didn't your mom teach you not to talk to strangers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• This is something you are going to want to look into for yourself and make up your own mind. Some people swear that that is the cause for autism. Others will tell you that it doesn't. I know that when my daughter was younger she was suppose to get the flu vaccine and they were out of the childs dose. They said they could give her the adult version but the preservitive in it has been said to possibly cause autism. I chose not to have her get the adult dose just wait for them to get in more of the child dose. It is a personal choice when you come right down to it.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think it is funny that people think vaccines can cause autism. I work with special needs kiddos and the majority of the ones I have worked with over the course of 8 years that had autisim, never got vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• lots of "experts" do think that vaccines are linked to autism, and lots of "experts" think they are not. you will have to do your own research on the topic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009