PARAGARD

I'm thinking about getting a Paragard IUD and I want to know what your experience was/is with it. The good and the bad, I'm going to get it on Oct 15 and it will be on for at least 2-3 years. This isn't my first IUD I had the mirena in for a year it was removed in Jan 2008.
Thanks

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 9:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had the Mirena for a year and a half and only had it removed to have my second child. I've had the paragard for almost 2 1/2 years now. I had heavy monsoon like periods for the first 3 or 4 months. Over the past year 1/2 I've had spotting and increased cramping between periods that they've attributed to the IUD. For me though it's not enough reason to have it removed and I decided to keep it in until I decide to try for number 3. Good Luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Well I will tell you if you weren't happy with the mirena then you will not be happy with this. Google PARAGARD SIDE EFFORTS and then google MIRENA SIDE EFFORTS and make your decision. I wouldn't get another IUD if my life depended on it. Needless to say my tubes are tied burned nothing is getting throw there. If you know for sure you don't want anymore child then I would get your tubes tied I was laid up for 4 days and couldn't lift 10lbs or more for a week. GL Do your studying before you make your finally decision.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had the Paragard for 8 years and LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. As a matter of fact, I had it removed after 8 years just so I could get pregnant with my last baby(just born this Aug) and I'm considering getting another one, but since we're done having kids, i might just make my husband get snipped instead??? heck, maybe we'll do both! good luck!
    JAXX55

Answer by JAXX55 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009