shame on me... rant/vent thingy. comments welcome.

at my kids dance studio this morning we sat near this lady... a nasty mess. String greasy unwashed hair... which is somewhat understandable as she had a newborn with her. An itty bitty less than 3 week old. Mom was wearing SHORTS that kept riding up over her huge thighs... Mom was in the 220 pound range I'd guess (NOT fat bashing, I am enormous... but never wear shirts that short esp in public) anyways at 1 point she sat on the floor and shorts rode up SO FAR, her bloody pad was showing. And baby girl was in this very large and quite stained car seat very obviously 2nd hand or passed down from older siblings. It was quite grubby by any standards and then her little head was flopping all over. No head/neck insert or blankets rolled up. Diaper over sized/wrong size and hanging out the diaper, blanket had excess dog or maybe cat hair.... the both of them were a mess in general. My DH and I whispered to each other several CONT....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. I think when you see someone like that it's just human nature to react that way. Plus I would bet money that most of the other moms were thinking the same thing. Don't you just love that the people calling you judgmental and making rude comments all answered anonymously.

Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Geezzzzzzzzzzzz sterotype much? Why don't you both mind your own business. I am sure you have faults as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• what a hot mess they were and what a rotten nasty Mom she was.

And then I watched the baby begin to cry and the sloppy mom swooped her out of that nasty car seat and very lovingly breastfed her for the remainder of the ballet class.... and their eye contact was so intense it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.... and I felt like trash.

Anyone else ever cast judgement and then feel like poop afterwards? I can't seem to get over it...!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• shrugging

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• obviously, anon. that's kinda the point.

and OOPS I made an error I am unable to edit.... incorrect size diaper hanging low from onesie is what I meant 2 type
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think the anon above may be feeling that after reading that you are feeling guilty about it.

We've all had thoughts that are mean, only good people regret it and recognize their faults afterward. Just use it as a learning experience and try to do better next time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My husband and I walked out of the grocery store yesterday to find that the ramp to the parking lot was blocked by a car. My husband made a mean comment and then this guy in a wheel chair comes up to the car and tells us that he is sorry and that he would be out of the way in just a minute. Yeah, we felt like jackbutts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I saw a really large guy jogging outsite my house one day. I was so grossed out watching him run, and then I realised what a bitch I was being. I corrected myself instantly, and silently applauded him for at least trying to get in shape.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Well just cause she made eye contact and BF her child doesn't mean she can't wash her dirty ass and wash her child also. I wouldn't feel bad for her I would feel bad for this poor baby dirty child makes no sence to me it takes 10 minutes to give a child a bath if your children are dirty then I would hate to see what your house looks like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• *Sigh*................ Your point is.........?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009