Should I go to the hospital? Swine Flue?

My son got sick last Saturday and is okay now. By Tues I had it! Now it won't go away! It just gets worse and worse. I have a fever my skin is crawling,I'm stuffed up real bad and no meds work,my head hurts and my chest is on fire and I can't stop coughing so my throat is raw! I'm wonering if I'm being a baby or if I should go to the ER!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• If that will make you feel better then go.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Call first. Sometimes they can tell you if a bug is going around and how long you should wait it out before you panic.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ER's will not tell you what they think it is. Because its a liability an they can get sued if it ends being bad. They will just tell you they need to see you before telling you anything. At least around here in ohio thats how they are.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It doesn't sound like the swine flu to me but if your that worried then go to the ER but, it sounds like a bad cold to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had the exact same symptoms last week...I didn't hesitate to go to the ER. I had bronchitis. BUT, if u got it from ur son, that's not what it is since bronchitis isn't conagious. Could just be a coincidence tho. Whatever it is, I hope u feel better very soon!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Every Hospital i have Lived near In TN, OH, and TX has told me flat out they can give NO MEDICAL ADVICE OVER THE PHONE> IF I Feel it is serious I must come in for a evaluation by their oncall doctor.

Odd to me that SO many post (not the reply's specific to this post) say to call the hospital must be where I've lived but it's unheard of to get medical information over the phone.

OP- there is a test they can do, The other day the nurse at my son's dr's mixed up some liquids swabbed the boys noses then put the swab in the liquid and bout five minutes later came back and said they are negative for seasonal flu and show no signs of the swine flu.

Make yourself feel at ease and go get checked out either at your er or your doctors on Monday.

Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 9:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was thinking maybe it's not what my son had because his gvog better not worse! I think I'm going in!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thanx ladies!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Do you really want to expose yourself to new germs when you have a virus supressing your immune system??

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• OK, if it is H1N1 there isn't much they can do, and the fever can last up to 7 days. It sucks, and our youngest just got over it yesterday. But, this isn't what it sounds like because the coughing and burning chest don't really fit. It can't hurt to get it checked out.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2009