i can't believe he is being so rude and hateful to me!!

my DS 15 has been at his bio fathers house for 3 ddays now.this is the first time he has been over there in 7-8 yrs. i got over my x cutting my DD 13 hair after me saying no. well ever since my son has been over there he has been very rude and direspectful to me. today when there fathers girlfriend brought my DD home my son came with them. b4 he left i told him i loved him and he just said bye and then they walked out the door. my x's girlfriend just smiling as she walked out. my son was going to wear his new hat i bought him today over there and she told him he couldn't wear it. last night my son was on the computer and we was chatting and he got very rude with me. well there father called me and asked me how i liked my DD hair i told him i said not to do it, but it looks good, then i told him how our son has been very rude and disrespectful to me since he has been there and he just laughed. am i blowing up for nothing?

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• To much tension...... thats is what is going on...your DS really does feel your nervousness and your jealousy yes....i said it..jealous....its not like a bad thing.....not that kind of jealousy ....just a mom kind...:O) i would indeed talk with your son...i am sure he has lots of questions and for the father whom finally wanted a part in their lives, i would tell him step up and be a father not a giggle partner
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Sounds to me like your X and or his girlfriend are telling lies to your son. It's easy to manipulate a hormonal teenager and unfortunately X's do tell their kids lies about the other parent in order to turn them against the other parent. Watch out. He may be filing for a change of custody as at 15 the child is within his rights to choose which parent he lives with.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Your ex should have backed you up...meaning when you told him that your son was being
    disrespectful and acting up to you...he should have not laughed and addressed what you said.
    He should have spoken to your son and told him that his behavior towards you was not ok.

Your X in an ass......so he has joined the crowd...

It sounds like you are on your own with this one.
    If I was you I would make sure that your children respect the rules in your home.
    That is the only place that you will have any kind of control.

Unfortunatly your children will act one way at your X's house and if you stick to your guns on how you want your son to respect you....your son will learn that he has to act another way in your home..
    With respect...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009