The US has known for years?

So we hear the US has known for years (haven't heard how many years)that Iran was building this latest facility underground in the mountains. Do you believe it? Why would they sit on this and do nothing for years then all of a sudden spill the beans. Why wait till they think it is dangerous to demand to see it? Doesn't make much sense to me.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If the US knew for YEARS, than you-know-who knew about it and did nothing. Thank god we have a POTUS who does his job rather than leaving every three weeks to clear brush. (Don't want to mention the names of any former WH incumbents who proved themselves incompetent--those who supported him don't have the sense to see how damage the country became and lack the intelligence to understand cleaning up such a mess takes time and not a magic wand).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Hey Anon...are you talking about CLINTON?!??! lololol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Probably the Bush adminstration.
    But it wouldn't be the first time we were lied to and it won't be the last.

Reagan broke the law and lied. For those of you who are too young to remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfnOJd_FmA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• reagan lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow
    Nixon lies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSPBzjCfdE&feature=PlayList&p=A9BC0E60ECCE4B06&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anon don;t you know that youtube is not a valid source....especially if you're a liberal! lolololol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wouldnt worry to much about it. Isreal will bomb it and destroy it like they have before. Why do you think Iran wants nukes? To destroy God's chosen people. and the president of Iran had said he wants the total destruction of Isreal. Over and over. Yea I think our Govt has known and it probably did take years to build something like that underground.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• "Why would they sit on this and do nothing for years then all of a sudden spill the beans. "

Well, if you follow the Tom Clancy theory, nobody worried about it because Saddam Hussein was there to keep Iran busy...and the real reason HE wasn't taken out was that he was a needed buffer to control Iran.

Makes great fiction, anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I was really angry when I heard about this and I gave my hubby the business. Here is my current take of the situation.

The US is one of the countries with the most to lose Iran gets the bomb. A nuclear Iran would cause SERIOUS instability in the middle east. We also know what it does for Israel. The CURRENT and previous administration have sat on it. They hoped the region would do something to protect itself and our hands have been tied because world opinion has not been against Iran. It was, to a degree with Iraq and Afghanistan.

It is my family's opinion that the info has been let out because the current administration is against Israel taking out the nuclear facilities.

There is a little more, but I won't go into it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• There is a little more, but I won't go into it. Please do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

The timeline is that the second facility began being constructed 3 years ago.

Construction on the facility - believed by the US to be large enough to contain 3,000 centrifuges, not large enough for commercial work - started in earnest in mid-2006, diplomatic sources said.

2006--Bush was in office, not Clinton, Nice try though.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2009