This is Berkeley?

Please watch the entire video before commenting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• All documentarians, journalists, public figures, film makers, and even you-tube video people have an agenda. To say anyone in media is "balance" or "impartial" or even "honest" is unfortunately impossible.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

I will have to agree--the urge to editorialize is far to great to resist anymore. Even if someone is reporting to the letter of the truth, facial expression, tone of voice and body language convey the personal opinion.

I have been to Berkley--I will tell you, it is a beautiful area, full of many diverse thinkers and some very colorful characters.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I didn't need to watch the whole ten minutes, but I did.

And am COMPLETELY unsurprised. The WORST job applicants I used to see for media jobs came from the "big name" schools.

That said...one of the most conservative people I ever knew was a Berkeley grad. Engineer. Too busy in the lab to pay attention to anything else.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I started college at UC Berkeley, and somehow here I am very politically conservative in spite of insanely liberal professors.

But yes, it did take a little time post graduation before I really started to think about how they shamelessly pushed their views down my throat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think this is true of so many colleges and universities. I started college last year and I was shocked at the way liberal views were pushed down our throats.

BUT I think that's really when a person has to sit back and realize who they really are and what they really believe. I realized that I'm even more conservative than I realized. I realized that I believe even more strongly in my beliefs than ever before but the difference is I now know WHY I feel that way. I don't have conservative views because my parents do. I have conservative views because they are more in line with my personal morals and I'm constantly amazed by the things liberals think are OK which IMO are so NOT OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009