its about my new born

I just had my babygirl this past wednesday and i need advice. Shes on the formula similac advance but seems to throw it up not alot but she does it often. They told me at the hospital to burp her often and even though i do she still throws up. is this normal or does she have a sensitive tummy and need a different kind?

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she actually vomitting or is she just spitting up? Spit up is normal. Is she gassy and fussy?
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 10:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• she might have a sensitive tummy. call your dr an ask what you should do, im sure hed want to see her an possibly just tell you to switch formulas. good luck :) i hope she feels a little better!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• my daughter was on that too when she was born and couldnt take it either...and i know sooo many people who have had the same issue....my advice, and it's only a suggestion, is to switch to Good Start, with ur dr's approval of course,,,if i spoke to 20 people about this, 19 of them said to go to good start....so i asked my dr. and she said ABSOLUTELY...and that she was gonna put her own daughter on it when she was born...and 2 months later, it's the best thing i did for her...but hang in there....
    MandEm715

Answer by MandEm715 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If it's projectile vomiting, you need to talk to her doctor ASAP. If it's just spitting up, even a lot, it's probably nothing extremely serious, but still talk to her doctor to see what he recommends. By all means, try a different formula (talk to her doctor first, but it's probably fine as long as you don't keep switching around), and that might do the trick, but keep her doctor informed.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Try switching formula. I breastfed but if I ever gave formula it was always Good Start. My daughter was the only one that actually got a lot of formula and she never had a problem with Good Start. There are so many to chose from also. Any specific reason she is on Similac?
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Take a tablespoons worth of formula and spill it on a towel. see how much it looks like? This may just be spit up and not throwing up. Lots of new moms think baby is throwing up when in fact it is just spit up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• when u take her to the doc next talk to her about it...they will put her on soy formula if it still happens ask to try alimentum.....it a lactose free formula....both my sons threw up fiercly.....and alimentum was the only thing to help....good luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• spit up is normal, my son did the same thing he is on similac as well, he is still on similac and he hasn't spit up unless his daddy plays with him right after he eats
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my daughter was the same way, she would throw up and get really fussy with gas.. try what idid, i bought one can of Similac Sensitive. i had her one that whole can and watched for changes. she stopped everything so i switched her. this was at 2 months old she is now 10 months and she has only spit up maybe 3 times! its WIC eledgible too
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009