Read.... about inheriting stuff....

So, my bf mother told me that when she had my bf he was a preemie. Is it likely that the child I am having with my bf will be a preemie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so, but I guess it's possible. Ask your doctor about it. There weren't any children in my family born premie, but doctor's suspected that my baby would be premie [she wasn't, she was 2 days late - lol].
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't think so. But, to ease your fears, ask your doctor.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I seriously doubt it. Unless the Mom tells you exactly why she had a preemie I've never heard of that being a genetic condition. Many things cause women to have babys to early. He's just the Dad not the Mom or the one carrying the baby. Hope you go full term.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• NO! I have never heard of gestation periods being inheritable. But, that does not mean they are not, I am not a doctor. Just seems very far-fetched to me.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• no you cant inheirt preemie babies only, medical probls like skin conditions and other things
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2009