To vaccinate or not

I am doing a reasearch paper on childrens vaccinate and I was wondering what your thoughts on this. I was wondering if I could use your answers. Please let me know in your responses.

Thanks Rae

I know I have posted this in a couple of groups but the more I hear from other mom's it could makes for a great paper

rae1981

Asked by rae1981 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My thoughts on vaccination
    I believe vaccination is a wonderful idea that has been corrupted. If I could go to jail and/or get my kids taken away for feeding or injecting in them aluminum/mercury, formaldehyde, and a live virus known for causing serious illness or death then why would i want a doctor to do it?
    There are a couple of groups on CM that can help you get the less popular view on vaccines if you are interested. Educate Before you Vaccinate and Choosing Not to Vaccinate are both groups where you can get well thought out explanations backed with facts from reputable sources.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• oh. and yes you can use my answer for whatever you want.
    outstandingLove

• I choose to vaccinate. I do research and ask questions before hand but i do choose to vaccinate. I don't believe all the hype about vaccinations causing autism and what not but i figure i would rather my child have autism than for my child to die of something that a vaccine could have prevented.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• And there are other ways to prevent the diseases then vaccination. Not to mention that some of the vaccines only have a 50% effectiveness rating.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• LOL. If you know other ways to prevent diseases without vaccinations, you would be a miracle worker and win a Nobel Prize for Medicine, OutstandingLove. Please....how do you avoid polio? How about measles? Or how about tetanus? If your child steps on a dirty, rusty nail, when he gets tetanus/lockjaw...how will you deal with that? Good Lord....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• We vaccinate, and the more I am learning the more I see how good it is.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I do belive that vaccinating is a choice, and I choose to vaccinate my 3 kids.
    I have an awesome pediatrician - he and his staff are good about discussing the vaccines before they give them. They also hand out a slip telling what vaccine it is, any side effects and it also tells abit about what it is preventing. I find the slips to be informative and helpful.

yes, you can use my answer.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I wasn't vaccinated fully and I don't plan to vaccinate my children. I did humanitarian work in the 3rd world so I was vaccinated for meningitis and Hep B as an adult. I have NEVER had a DPT shot.

As a pregnant person, I'm appalled at the recommendations on vaccines, especially the flu shot. The same doctor says "Don't eat tuna, you'll give your baby mercury poisoning" then says "Get a flu shot, thimerosal is safe even though the rest of the developed world has banned it" Did the tuna lobbyist forget his check book at the AMA conference?

Vaccination did eradicate small pox and polio. That's great. But those vaccines weren't filled with mercury based preservatives. Vaccination could be safer if doctors were able to develop these treatments without the influence of big pharma a chemical company dollars. Too bad for the health of our nation.

Feel free to msg me.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I love Dr. Sears book on vaccines.I FIRMLY believe in vaccines. however, I DO NOT believe we should be giving 5+ shots in ONE visit! this is ridiculous!!! We are doing delayed/selective vaccines:) some that are children wont get are: ALL live virus vaccines, no flu shots..ever... the chicken pox vaccine, or the HPV vaccine... NO combo shots before she is 6 months and the MMR will be delayed till they are at LEAST 3 or 4...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 4:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009