ok, so why is it that when people see someone with a bunch of kids (anything more than 2) they think its unheard of and say its crazy?

Iwent to the mall today (how brave i was! lol) with all 4 of my kids, and I got some of the rudest comments! Since when has it been ok to ask "Four boys? Oh wow! Please tell me you are done?" or my favorite- "Don'y you 2 have a tv?" I am so sick and tired of people asking me about my personal life and caring if i am going to have more or not! I am not asking you to raise/ feed/ or clothe my children so don't worry about it! Have any of you moms had to deal with this while out with your little ones?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh yeah- and once i was even asked if all my kids were his (my fiance's) i was like- um even if they weren't how is it your business

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Um, I don't know where you all live, but people do not say this type of stuff where I live. I think you all must sit around and make this crap up. Have what you want, you support them, not me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• If people are rude to you, simply reply, It's really none of your business. Or that's a personal question I care not to answer or discuss with the likes of you....and smile sweetly...My grandmother had 10 kids...people will be rude...cover them with honey and lot's of it...like to think of it as giving them a toothache....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I don't know, hubby and I both came from homes with 7 kids, so 4 doesn't seem like such a large number to me.

I think big families are awesome. I got started a little too late in my life to have a lot of kids, but moms like you (and with more) are my heros.

Keep up the good work, your boys are your greatest treasure :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• i got those questions when i lived in a big city
    now, in a small town, with my own four kids, people here ask when we are going to finish our family
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• When I got pregnant with my last baby DH got some comments at work (it was his 4th, my 3rd). One guy said, "Man you need to get that thing fixed" He just said, "Looks like it works fine to me"
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Yep, I hear it all the time. I've got 3 girls and a boy (and the first 3 are each a year apart). It gets annoying but I mostly tune it out. I had someone ask me if they were all mine. I just stared at them and I'm thinking, "duh, they're all calling me, 'mom,' aren't they?"

I was going to get my husband this shirt I saw in the store once. It said: who are all these kids and why are they calling me, "dad?" I was cracking up when I saw it.

Most annoying is every freaking family member and friend/neighbor that has to ask me, "so, you're done...right?" Like I must be insane to even consider having more. I don't even mention to them that I miscarried our 5th child earlier this year because they'd probably have me committed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Maybe she's from NJ. lol....and if so-----trust me hunny its NOT MADE UP!!!!!!! People are so rude here, I've heard people say alot worse......
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• One year, when the 6 children where little' I made tee-shirts for everyone and we wore them to the zoo. Us girls in pink and the boys in blue. The children all had the number 1-6 on the chronological rank in the family (we have a great pic with everyone lined up in order that I LOVE) On the back of my husbands shirt it said "REDVAY DAD" and "REDVAY MOM" on the back of mine. I also had all of the children's names listed on the front of mine.

We were walking along through the zoo (very well behaved children) and this lady walked past craning her neck to stare at me open mouthed like I was crazy. I looked at her, turned to my husband and pointed at my shirt and said loudly "Look hunny, I have room for two more."

We still laugh about that 15 years later!

obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 11:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• the people that are rude, give you dirty looks, or just plaine stick there nose where is don't belong, are the people that know they couldn't handle that many kids or couldn't have that many kids so they feel the need to spread the negativity to parents that could, ignore stupid people they are not worth getting up set over.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2009