Want to CRY my eyes out

I am so overwhelmed this week.
Work has been absolutely crazy.
Mom has been watching baby for me while I work two jobs and now she's complaining about it on Facebook because she gets no "ME" time.
DD's father came to visit her yesterday for the first time since she was born [she is 4 months old]. He held her for the first time and I want to PUKE. It made me so sick to my stomach. He held her and kissed her and talked to her and she laughed and smiled at him and it BROKE my heart. I don't really know what I was expecting to happen, but it made me sick. I don't want to eat or anything. I'm just stressed out.
Anyone else having a bad day/week?? Tell me about it.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We all have bad days, weeks, months, years, etc... The point is you have to make the most of it. If you don't like what your mother is saying (because I am sure SHE IS stressed) then I suggest you find someone else to watch the kid. I don't know what the situation is with the baby daddy, but you brought the baby into this living situation. Only YOU can make it different for that baby. Put your big girl panties on and get out there and make it different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am sorry to hear how rough things are going for you right now. Working two jobs is enough to raise your stress-meter up to the sky as it is, and having a little one and needing to worry about someone reliable to watch her and thinking that you did but finding out that she is complaining... all are very stressful. Your daughter's father is entitled to interact with his daughter, and help support her. Your distress is understandable. I am thinking that your mom may be making the comments on facebook just to have something to write, so unless she tells you to your face I don't think she needs to be taken quite at her word. You should try to get some "Me" time yourself, and to get enough rest and some time to just kick back and think whatever good thoughts you can. I hope that life looks much better for you soon. Don't make the mistake of not eating properly, that would make you feel worse.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Anon: Thanks for being rude as a lot of people seem to be on here.

Bmat: Thanks for the kind words. I'm eating even though I'm not hungry. I'm so trying to keep my head up, but it's hard. I'm so happy he spent quality time with her and I'm happy that she was smiling and laughing at him. That made me happy, but it broke my heart too b/c he missed out on so much and I don't really know if he is going to keep coming around a lot or if that was it. It's kind of scary. I want him to be there for her and support her and watch her grow and I hope he does. I always knew he'd be a wonderful father so maybe that was the step he needed to take to start helping out. And maybe that will help me "accept" his new wife. I hope things start looking up. It was just everyting happened all at once this week and I needed to tell someone before I exploded. Thanks for listening [well reading - lol]
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Take a breather. We are listening. It feels like at a funeral where everyone says how sorry they are or how they understand. Vent. We have all done it here. It's nice to know we have a safe place to go. I could say it's going to get better. But if I knew that I would buy a lottery ticket. Try giving your mom a thank you card. Something funny or heart felt. Let her know how much she is loved and needed. Tell her you don't know what you would do without her and that you love her. Aren't those the words you wish your daughter could say to you with all of your life invested in her happiness?
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• My mother is the same way. She'll watch my kids (sometimes we have other alternatives, but not many and not often) and complain about it. It breaks my heart, and knowing my son probably hears it, it makes matters worse. I also was single once and worked 2 jobs, and I lived with my mom, and she also got paid to watch my son, and still had a problem with it. Makes you wonder why I still allow it? Like I said, I cannot afford daycare for both children, not to mention I work at 5 pm, and my husband works til 8 pm, and daycares just arent open during that time. I suggest (and right now I'm saving money to do the same thing), making one of your jobs a daycare provider in your home, for other children and parents with simliar situations. Good Luck, and it does get better. Ignore your mom's comment, try and keep her around until you don't have a choice.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• h3art2h0m3 has good advice too.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• h3: thank you so much for that advice. Maybe I will send DD to my grandmother's house and me and mom can go get a mani and pedi or something like that. That would be nice. I want to start saving money to move out into my own place. I know she wasn't really joking and I know it's hard taking care of my daughter, but what else am I supposed to do? I feel like she uses it against me that I need her to help me take care of my daughter. I hate depending on people, but I have to. And for her to say those things hurts me, but I am trying to ignore them.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• anyone else notice that a couple of minutes after a mean anon post appears bmat always shows up and says something nice to get kudos? anyone else think she writes the mean one first then comes along like a knight in shining armor to cuddle the poster? hmmmmmmmmmmm it just makes you think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Make sure dad pays child support. Maybe that will help and you can put the baby in daycare
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Anon 11:17: we will be going to court soon. But my mom doesn't want me to put her in daycare until she makes about one. So, that's another reason why my mom's comment upset me because she was against me putting her in daycare. And plus the daycares around where I live aren't that great with infants.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009