How do you cope with a cold while pregnant?

Just curious. I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and caught some virus and am now miserable and can't take anything good. What's worked for you ladies?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 10:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sudafed is the best thing you can take right now. Just make sure there's NO phenylephrine or ibuprofen or aspirin in the pill with the Sudafed. You have to ask for the RIGHT kind behind the counter.

I had a horrible ass cold in my 1st trimester, yuck. Morning sickness and a cold? No thank you! I took Sudafed all throughout my pregnancy and my daughter is a happy, healthy nine month old =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If I remember right, you can take Tylenol Cold. I believe my doc told me most (if not all) tylenol is safe. But i'd wait till monday until you can call your ob's office to ask them to make sure. Or call stop by the pharmacy at the store tomorrow(if open) and ask the pharmacist. I think they should know.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• drinking alot of fluids, rest, chicken soup, humidifyer-- you may want to call your doctor and see what meds you can take.
    I hope you feel better soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Tea with lemon & honey, chicken soup, & REST. Have your DH/SO/best friend pick up a DVD & curl up with a comfy blanket. That is the best way to feel better. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Hot tea with lemon, lots of raw garlic and much sleep. Warm bath are good also, but make sure the water is not to hot.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 11:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I had bronchitis when I was pregnant and I couldn't take ANYTHING, not even Tylenol. I was miserable. I slept a lot, used a vaporizer, drank lots of fluids--tea and water. I wouldn't take anything without talking to your doctor first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Vicks, humidifier, hot tea, saline nasal spray, tylenol, extra rest if you can
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Dont take tylenol cold!! My doctor said not until 2nd trimester, do exactly what raybird suggested, you can also take benadryl, I found that it helped alot. Especially with congestion, Good Luck!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• lol i called my dr. and prescribed some medicine, and tea make tea with honey and sugar always works for a sore throat,
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if you are congested you can use a neti pot to clear your nose! it is awesome for allergies too! completely drug free. if you have a cough you can drink licorice root tea. it will heal your scratchy throat. you can buy this tea at most grocery stores. eucalyptus oil in your humidifier is save and drug free too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2009