Merging of Traditions without Tolerance

We have all seen post after post in this area about how the traditions and symbols of Pre-Christain, Pagan religions have been altered and adapted to fit the needs of Christianity.

My question is this, with the revival of Paganism throughout the world in the last few decades and the growth of Christmas and Easter traditions on a secular level is the merging of Traditions a sign of a rise in tolerance? Or is it simply people moving to a less religiously based life? Or, something else?? Your thoughts??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My opinion is that if people keep trying to convince us that Christmas and Easter are Pagan holidays....then Christians are going to maybe one day pick different days just to shut you guys up. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I didn't mean for that to sound so rough. Sorry about that. But really non believers and especially Christians go on and on about Christmas and Easter being originally Pagan. I like it that Christmas is celebrated in so many places all over the world. It's like shouting to the world that Christians are celebrating the day their Lord and Savior was born. Just think for a minute about that. All over the world, most people celebrate Christmas, and or know that is what we are doing on that day. But I really do dislike it that some people keep making it like it is Pagan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Christians are going to maybe one day pick different days just to shut you guys up.

You mean like putting Jesus' birthday some time during the year within a month of his actual birthday?

As for the OP, I see the merge for what it is - people struggling to practice their faith without being executed. They smiled and put on a pretty face and knelt and made the sign of the cross, then went home and practiced their REAL religion behind closed doors, free of persecution. Over time, the trees and gifts and bunnies and eggs ended up being incorporated with Christianity, because over generations, people lost track of what was theirs and what was forced upon their grandparents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• No we are becoming more tolerant, we all heading into babylon when we should be coming out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Some are Anon @ 9:54 and that is sad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't think that is ture unfortunatly. You would think that people would be able to get past the differences and see the similarities, but sadly they are still fighting it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2009