TOYS FOR ONE YEAR OLD BOY> PLEASE HELP!!

MY NEPHEW 1ST BDAY IS COMING UP NEXT MONTH.

I WANT TO GET HIM SOMETHING THAT HE WOULD REALLY LIKE AND PLAY WITH

ALSO LEARNING IS A PLUS

WHAT ARE THE GREATEST LITTLE BOY TOYS FOR HIS BDAY?

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got my daughter the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Home...she is 17 mo. now and still plays with it every day. It was a great gift. Other favorites are books (baby einstein, lift the flap, or otherwise interactive ones are the best), music CDs (My daughter loves the Baby Einstein ones and this Countdown Kids one I downloaded off of ITunes), mega blocks, shape sorters (ones that reward you with a song or noise when you get a shape through), building blocks (Parents brand has a great set that are soft enough for babies but complex enough for toddlers) and nesting cups (we bought a set of 10 stacking cups for $3.00 that nest, stack and have little holes in the bottom making them great water toys...when stacked they're relatively small and have been a great travel toy). Hope that helps.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• What is your price range?
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think all kids would enjoy the mega blocks where they have just a lot of blocks and they can build and take dwn and build some more. Its also educational
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265219&isTopSellingItem=true

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2293345&isTopSellingItem=true

Here are a couple I found. I hope it helps you out!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I love that you stated learning is a plus. Since I first found out I was pregnant, I told everyone no stuffed animals or otherwise useless gifts. I told everyone that if they gifted such things to my child that I would throw them in the trash. If you are going to give my infant a gift, it must be a tool for learning. Go with that, look at the age ranges for the knowledge promoting toys and go for the most fun toy with the greatest potential for learning within their age group.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• A ball or a truck are age old classics that promote exercise and dexterity. My son had a clear ball that had a puzzle on the inside, my daughter now claims it as her own. My friend got my dd color tablets for her bubble bath to change it purple,blue and other fun colors. Now she wants baths all the time.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• When my son turned 1 he LOVED cars. Any kinds of age appropriate cars would keep him busy for a while. Baby sign language videos are also well received as well as board books.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Thanks for all the help.. Any other fav. toys of your toddlers?

Price range doesn't matter
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My son loves the Fisher Price Busy Ball Popper and an inflatable pinguin that has plasic balls in his stomach. He makes music when he is pushed (it is like a punching bag type of thing...). Also, fold out couches (my son has one with an Elmo on it). These are all things he's had since his first birthday (he will be 2 in a few weeks) and he still plays with each of them almost every single day.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• truthteller:
    as far as toys for learning go- children learn from all different sorts of things. They will get as much (if not more) of a benefit from a toy they enjoy and care for (even a stuffed animal) as they would from a puzzle or other toy that they may not play with until they are older.
    Don't throw a toy away just because it doesn't seem educational to you- at least donate it to a woman's shelter.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009