Is 4 kids to many?

I have 3 wonderful children but I still want 1 more. They're 5, 3, and 18 months, i'm not very old so even if i waited a couple years it wouldn't hurt but i don't want them to be so far apart in age. Financially we can do it but it will be tight, but having 4 children is going to be alot of work. With my oldest starting kindergarten and my 3 year old in preschool it would just be my youngest at home so that would be great. I just have this empty feeling that i should have another, i need some advice is 4 kids to many?

ANZ3

Asked by ANZ3 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• its to each its own for me i personally think 2 is wayy than enough for me I have a dd thats 22months and expecting a son in Nov 09. but if thats what you want then good luck to you
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• You know best. Talk it over with your husband. The best part about 4 rather than 3 is the buddy system and B1G1 coupons. Just kidding!
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I don't have an answer, exactly. It is your call. ;-)
    There are moms that have 5, 6, 10 kids or more... so why not?
    But, I think that as children grow they have different needs~ if your children are in school will you still be able to have the time & energy to give them your attention when they get home?
    We have to weigh our abilities.
    I am in my mid-thirties now and starting to realize that older kids can be more work than younger ones, I am tired!! lol! But I have friends older than I with more, and they're not done yet.

Consider what you're capable of tackling and what you'll still have for the current children.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I think 4 is a great number. I also don't think anyone should ever feel guilty for wanting to have more children. If you can handle the mental strain and the financial end go for it. I don't think you would ever regret having another child.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I sure hope it's not too many...I'm due w/#5 in 8 weeks LOL. If you can financially handle another child, I say go for it. There really doesn't seem to be much difference in going from 3 children to 4 children. My kids are spread out a little too (15, 8, 5, 1).
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• For ME, yes. But what's right for ME has NO bearing on YOU.

If you feel you want another child and can afford another child and hubby's on the same page, then THAT is all that matters. Nobody else's opinion counts.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have 4 ~ 11, 7, 6, & 2 ~ & I homeschool..... so.......
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have 4 so I think that it's a perfect number.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• When I was 23 I had 3 kids and I just knew I wanted one more and waited until the time was right...I had my son when the first 3 were 11,13 and 17
    If your young you have plenty of time and you know what? the first three were such a hndfull that having just the one is such a nice change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Four works for us. Mine were almost 6, 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 when the last one was born and only the oldest was in school (half day kindergarten at the time...she turned six 2 1/2 months after the baby was born).
    They are 9, 8 (on Thursday), almost 7 (in Nov) and 3 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2009