I'm at the hospital right now and I feel like I'm getting blown off.

I have been really sick for 5 days and it just gets worse and worse. I was in enough pain to go to the ER without insurance for myself and thw doctor just tells me to take f-ing tylenol!! I've been taking it for days! I am crying and I am in so much pain and he says there is nothing he can do. I'm frustrated! I don't know what to do anymore! My chest is on fire,my nose is bleeding from infection and my whole body is shaking and shivering!!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2009 in Health

• is there another hospital anywhere near you? Even if it's an hour away? if so, have someone take you if you cant drive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Ask to speak with the attending physician and always be honest about everything you do and medications you have been taking and how much. Tell them EVERYTHING! You have doctor/patient confidentiality on your side, so no matter what the truth may be it is ONLY between you and that doctor. If this does not work, go to another ER.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2009

• ask for another Dr, they have to give you asecond opinion if you ask for it no matter what. If they tell you no, ask for the dr/patient leasion, every hospital has one.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2009