Is a black and white dress ok to wear 2 a wedding?

It's white with black flowers?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 12:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wore a black and white dress, i think it is fine. i mean now a days the brides maids wear black.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i posted almost this same question about 2 weeks ago..YES..i went to the wedding and EVERYBODY was in black but me!! i found this really nice fall colored dress that i wore..and i stuck out like a sore thumb..oh, and just to make you feel better..my bride's maids wore black at my wedding..lol
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it's fine, unless they are really uptight people who are extremely picky. My cousins girlfriend wore a black dress with while polka dots on it at my wedding. Nobody, including myself thought anything of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it would be fine. If you really have doubts, ask the bride if she would be okay with it!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes, as long as that's not the color scheme for the wedding. You shouldn't wear the same color(s) as the bridesmaids.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. As others have said, lots of people wear black to weddings. And even if it IS the color scheme, I don't think that as a guest you're expected to know that (it'd be awkward if you wore the same shade of baby blue, but not BLACK). Looking back at wedding photos, most of my co-workers wore black or black with white or a color. In fact, one had a cute halter dress that was white with black flowers. If the white is what you're concerned about, I think you'll be fine. It's not like it's ALL white.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Hey, my mom wore a black gown to my wedding and she looked fabulous. She hated the idea of wearing it, because it traditionally means that the mother objects and she adores my DH. Still my sis and I had to talk her into it, it wasn't expensive, it was very slimming and again she looked great!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2009