Is this nornal? Should I go to the er?

I am 23 weeks preggo with my second baby. I am/have been having abdominal cramping/disconfort since the night before last. I have had a similar problem before I got preggo. I went to urgent care, got blood tests and sat there for 5 hours or so. The said I had an evlevated heart rate and high blood count(they didnt specify) I dont know if what I am crurrently going though is the same thing or if it is pregnancy related. All I know is I didnt have this issue with my last pregnancy. The baby has been kicking and moving...but I dont know if I should go i and get more blood work done along with an ultrasound just to make sure she is ok. Its like abdomina cramps...my muscles are so tender that when I do get braxton hicks, they are unconfortable and slightly painfull.

Lilcountrygrl86

Asked by Lilcountrygrl86 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call an ask a nurse line or the er itself and are what they say first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Maybe you have round ligament pain! That can feel like cramping and it's about the right time for it. When they say your count is high it usually means your white bloodcells are high because they are fighting infection from a flu or something! If you start puking go in you can get really dehydrated being preg and all.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't think that you need to go in the the ER, but I would make an appointment first thing with your Dr. tomorrow or if you can get in sooner. I do know that if you are experiencing braxton hicks like that you should get on all fours and raise your butt in the air with head down to get the baby off of your cervix and from that point lay down and relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well my mom thinks I need to go in, cause I had the similar situation before I was preggo. I know I dont have the flu cause I am not running a fever and dont feel sick. I am just in pain, my appatite comes and goes. I feel better when I take tylonol. I just know its so bad that the first night It was soo painfull I couldnt sleep. Lastnight I could only sleep on my right side..if I tried to move to my left it felt like somebody was stabbing me in my abdomin. I cant walk stright cause it hurts...that could be cause my mucles are tender. I dont know...I just wish it would go away. I know last time I was feeling better by now.
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like round ligament pain. It's normal. There isn't much that can be done. Mine this last time was so debilitating that I will not have anymore kids. It hurt to walk,sleep,move etc. It usually happens during the 2nd pregnancy. Google it for more info!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It could just be your muscles stretching in your tummy, i think they are called round ligament pains, thats how i was around 20 weeks, i couldnt walk and everytime i rolled over it felt like someone stabbing my lower abdomen. i would call a nurse just incase.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well my mom and my brother in law who lives with us thinks I should go in. My father in law thinks if it dont go away tomarrow I should go in. I am on medicaid so I have to go to the clinic till my alameda alliance kicks in on oct 1rs. I tried to call the clinic yesterday and nobody picked up soo I calle the ob that I had with my first pregancy and I will go to after the first. I talked to one of the 24 hour nurses. She told me his office was closed, she said he suggested I go to the er or urgent care. I should have gone, but the baby is moving freakquently and I thought I would give it a lil more time. I dont know.
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2009