What does this mean?

"From beyond the grave, I will win back your love!"

My ex-boyfriend who has been trying to get me to take him back just sent me this in a text message. I broke up with him a month ago and he has been trying to contact me everyday since saying that he misses the two of us and wants me to give him another chance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• AH, that would scare me a bit. Seriously, does he seem like the type that would hurt you? Or maybe himself? Maybe I'm just reading too much into that, but seriously, it sounds bad.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think he's telling you that his love is undying.......if you don't want him to keep trying, I would block his e-mail and text messages, he'll take you more seriously.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He has threatened to harm himself several times... he is an alcoholic and that is why I broke up with him. The suicide thing was happening every night and I couldn't take that or the verbal abuse anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Um, I would block his calls, texts, emails or whatever else he does. I would be worried and it would scare me a little. To me, it sounds like he is speaking of suicide. But to win your love back beyond the grave, you would have to be dead too. But maybe i'm thinking to much about it. I don't know, but I'd be very careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Now he keeps calling my cell phone and my house phone... I guess the only thing left to do tomorrow is block him... now I just have to figure out how to.
    Anonymous

• I had similar problems with an ex, I had to just cut off all contact. No one should put that kind of pressure on you, but you can't buy into it. That gives him control. If you don't want to be with him, you need to be firm and consistent. Don't talk to him, block his number and his e-mail, and if he won't leave you alone get a restraining order. Odds are he won't commit suicide, my ex is 50 years old now, and that was 25 years ago......even if he did harm himself, he can't use that to control you, there's something wrong with him that you can't fix if he'll hurt himself or commit suicide, and you aren't responsible for that....HE IS!

It's also kinder to be firm and cut him off and not give mixed messages if you really don't want a relationship. (I"m not saying you're doing this) Don't give him any control.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't want to be with him, I straight up told him that the other day. I told him that I was done with him for good so he couldn't turn it around and say that I never told him. Other than that, I have not answered any of his calls or replied to any of his messages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You can call and change your phone number and they will not charge you if you tell them it is becausing of your ex harrassing you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• he is trying to find a way to guilt trip you into being with him
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 2:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I know that you can't block numbers from a cell phone, at least I tried to with my cell phone company, so I changed my number instead. You should probably do that cause think about it...he can always call from another number, but if he doesn't have your number he can't call you no matter what. I highly suggest changing your number. I have had to change mine several times to stop guys from calling me that seemed a little off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2009