Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food stamps?

Do I need my social security card? I know my # but I can't find my card! I live in TX?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • I believe in most circumstances they are going to need to see that, or maybe a tax return would do (?)

    Answer by m-avi at 12:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

  • yes they make copies of your DL and SS cards and birth certificates......well they copy everything.

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

  • I did not need my SS card. Here's a list of what I needed:

    -My birth certificate and driver's license
    -DH's driver's license and naturalization papers because he wasn't born here
    -my kids' birth certificates
    -statement of pregnancy
    -copy of my lease or letter from landlord stating amount I pay in rent
    -utility bills
    -check stubs going back one month

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

  • Oh, and depending on when your appointment is, a replacement SS card should be pretty easy to get. You go to the SS office and fill out a form. You will need to show ID, probably your birth certificate and DL. You would receive your new card in the mail in about 2 weeks, and they will give you a receipt that day indicating that you have ordered one. There is no charge for a replacement card, but there are limits on how many you can get. I believe it's something like 2 replacements in one year and no more than 10 in your lifetime.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.