how do i start the potty training

my little one refuses to use the potty chair. i tried the underwear she just stands there and pees. shes going to be 4 i should of started this sooner but i am a bad mom and did not. so now i am suffering with her attuide and not wanting to go in the potty chair. what do i do .? i want to potty train her asap i think i will try the pull ups see how she does but i have a feeling its going to be the same as with the underpants. i tries the m an ms she didnt fall for it. i dont know what to do i am becoming frustrated .i feel like a bad mom everyones on my back to get this done . what do i do . any help would be great

FoxMulder1993

Asked by FoxMulder1993 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why don't you just try to let her use the regular toilet instead of a potty chair if she doesn't want to use it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This website gives some tips from parents in your very same situation! Good luck!

http://www.familyandhome.org/ps/ps_pottyTraining.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• have her go w/ you and pick out a few new underware of her choice, pull ups also help my kids out.............she will get it mine did when she ready she's ready , just try not to get so upset w/ her and let her sit in the bathroom for awhile, I also found that my DS like to used the toilet ring on the big toilet better and way way easier to break them for that then the potty chair because my DD sometime gets mad and refuses to go because she rather sit on that.
    jtb427

Answer by jtb427 at 3:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Go use the toilet and let her use the potty beside you. Bring her a book and yourself a magazine. Claim it's POTTY time. If she makes pee pee or poo poo give her a sticker and brag on her to everyone in front of her. I'd even try singing on the potty. If she thinks you are having fun she will want to to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think that pull ups are not helpful to the child in the potty training process. I say switch to just underwear, except at night. I am sure she is big enough to use the "big girl potty" so I would have her use that rather than a toddler potty, which is just one more thing you will have to get rid of once she starts school. Find some kind of prize that she will work for, a sticker chart, something where she can see that she is doing well. Stay firm with her but don't punish for accidents. I would find some "big girl" activities she can do once she starts potty training and then different ones for when she finishes. For my son, who I trained at 2.5, I put him on the potty every 15, then 30, then 45 min until he "got it". Good luck!!!
    momofFord

Answer by momofFord at 7:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think peer pressure may work at this age. Maybe if she sees other little cousins or friends her age using the potty, it may work.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i have a 3 year old i'm trying to potty train and the pull ups arent helping cause she doesnt feel wet so i put painties on her and let her get wet and i try to make her sit on the potty until she pees. good luck. I also agree with the peer pressure idea too!
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009