Breastfeeding Question

I breastfeed my 2 month old and my 4 year old is sick right now (the joys of preschool)
I was wondering just in case I happen to catch it, is it going to affect my 2 month old through my breastmilk?

Domzmom2005

Asked by Domzmom2005 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best time to breastfeed is when you're sick. As soon as the bugs enter your system, your immune system kicks in and sends out those amazing antibodies to fight off the infection. Breastmilk is chock full of antibodies and those are being transferred to your 2 month old, usually before you are even aware that you are sick. It is more important than ever for you to continue to nurse on demand right now. I got a nasty cold just weeks after my baby was born and she never even had a sniffle thanks to her healthy appetite for breastmilk. :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• no ur breastmilk is what will keep him from getting it chck w ur DR and make sure but thats what ive always heard
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thank you ladies so much, I was worried that I would make him sick, I feel so much better now!!!
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 27, 2009