breastfeeding after piercings

I have one son i brestfed him for a while then i got my nipples repierced because i did not think i would get pregnant so soon, well i am now 32 wks pregnant and took my rings out when i was about 4 months... well by now when i was pregnant with my first son i was already leaking colostrum... Now nothing is happening my question is did I take out the piercings too late has anyone had any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should still be able to breast feed. Leaking or not leaking is not an indication of whether or not you'll be able to successfully nurse. My breasts never leaked during pregnancy or afterwards. I am still exclusively breastfeeding (she's 6 months) and I've never had to wear nursing pads but my girl still gets plenty to eat. Be glad that you're not leaking! :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• lol thank u, o i know i leaked so much after i had my son, and my breast were rock hard cause they were full then the production stoppped lol, that is my worry thanks again
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Since you have breastfed before your breasts should be better at making milk. They may not get engorged but they can still make plenty of milk. Breasts are actually modified sweat glands. The milk glands make the milk in response to the baby nursing. How you tell if the baby is getting enough is by weight gain.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:57 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had my nipples pierced, then there was an "accident". I got them repierced about 9 months later. Those had an "accident" as well. :p I had no problem breast feeding at all though after that. I was concerned due to the large amount of scar tissue that had formed as a result of the problems, but no issue at all. I didn't leak while I was pregnant with my girls, (one prior and one after piercings) but I did leak after they were born. No difference there either. Nursing was just as easy the second time with the scars and everything. You probably didn't even need to take the piercings out, unless they were uncomfortable. It shouldn't interfere at all. I did have a prior pregnancy, and I leaked colostrum with that one, but that too was prior to piercings. You may just not be leaking. Have you tried expressing by hand in a warm shower? I am sure you are ok though. :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 5:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• no i haven't tried that thanks ladies!!!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009