Do you think it's rude when people show up at your place "unannounced?"

My hubby & I have been having sex a few different times, (or just finished!), & someone would pound on the door. Most recently, it was hubby's sister. She just showed up. I didn't even bother to get dressed. I stayed in our bedroom. Hubby went outside & talked to his sis. He was shirtless & shoeless! He did put on pants though! Do you think she got the hint that we were busy?! She showed up again unannounced about a week later. Neither Hubby or I answered the door. (We only have a 5 year old son, & he was napping.) She woke our son up over knocking. We've had this happen quite a few times in the past, with other people too. What REALLY bothers me is when they keep knocking & knocking. I think, "GO AWAY!" (if hubby & I are busy, or we're all napping or something.) Granted, this is when people just show up, no warning, no call. Am I selfish, or are people rude that show up unannounced cause THEY don't have anything else to do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Normally I dont mind if someone shows up without calling but i get what you mean and i have had it happen, most times we dont answer and they leve but when we have answered they were very embarassed apologized and left and we always call later to find out what is going on.

Most people close to us know when a good time to drop by is, they have a pretty good idea when we will be home alone or when we dont want visitors. be honest sometimes that honesty will shock people in to calling first lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It doesn't bother me when people show up unannounced. In fact, i enjoy it. I like surprises.
    And my husband and I aren't very shy about our business either. If someone shows up and asks us what we were just up to ...we tell them! lol ...hmmm. maybe that's why no one ever stops by ...(lol. DH is deployed right now so i know that's not why).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree with you! I prefer for people to call first. I don't drop in on other people without calling, it's just good manners to call. I don't care whether they're interrupting sex, dinner, or just your favorite tv show that you wait all week to watch, it's still interrupting. Make a call, and find an acceptable time to visit!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• oh i cant stand that!!! especially if you are having one of those days where you just dont feel like getting dressed and they come knocking acting like you're the rude one for not anticipating them come and getting dressed for them... lmao- i really cant stad that!  thats why i keep my doors locked (one of my sisters is know for just opening the door and walking right in invited or not) so those stay locked and if i hear knocking or the doorbell when i am not in the mood for company i go to the back of the house and pretend that I am not home lol

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I love it when people show up unannounced. It makes me feel like they actually care about seeing me that they went out of their way to stop by. The other day some friends from church stopped by, I was a mess. In the middle of the dishes, hadn't brushed my hair yet, but you know what, they are friends, and they didn't care. They sat in my kitchen and talked to me till I had the dishes done and then I rushed into the bathroom to brush my hair and all they did was laugh. Not a big deal.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It bugs me too for the same reasons. I can't tell you how many times people have pounded on the door and woke our son up. Oh, and that late night visitors. So annoying! Which just so happens to be my sister and her family, and they are loud mouths! I don't know what it is but people have this thing where they think they have to slam my door when it closes just fine. Everyone does it, it's like a habit. lol. My door does not need slammed to be closed! Plus, I like to walk around with no bra and in my "barely-there" pajamas during hot months, and I can't tell you how many times I've had make a mad dash across the house to the bedroom before they got to the door to keep my dignity. No, I don't like it at all, and I honestly think it shows a lack of respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• it doesnt really bother me too much, except the last 2 times someone just dropped by, my son and I were having pj days (month apart, not like 2 days in a row) and so I really hate that, especially since one time they accidentally let the dog out, and I had to chase him down in my pj's.
    Other than that its not too bad. occasionally I get embarrased to let them in, cause there was a toy explosion, or im in the middle of folding laundry so theres piles everywhere.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:43 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• it depends who it is...but i know what u mean about ppl knocking and not going away after the first two knocks.....thats annoying! its like DAMN go away!!!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it's rude when people show up announced too. I don't (generally) go to peoples houses without a warning (call, txt, email, facebook message) and I think it's rude if people just want to stop by my house.
    Unless it's family. I don't usually mind if it's family.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i find it very rude,but lucky for me my friends have manners and odnt do that,and i always call first
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2009