Brownish, now Pinkish discharge in 10th week

I went for my first app tuesday. They did a probe ultrasound. The next two days(not that day) I had brownish discharge, only a few times when I wiped. Now yesterday and today(friday and saturday) I've had pinkish, not red, discharge. But only once a day. The rest is nothing when I wipe. It's not from sex or anything like that. I don't have a clue what could be causing it. The advice nurse said the brownish was normal, but the pink tinged is making me terrified(I miscarried 2 years ago). What could be causing it? I'm going to call the doctor on monday, but I was hoping someone could tell me somthing.

Rachell9503

Asked by Rachell9503 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be that your cervix was irritated. I would not be alarmed unless you see bright red blood, which would indicate a possible misscarriage, check with your OB, but remain calm.
    enmaynard

Answer by enmaynard at 2:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had the same thing and they did an ultra sound but everything came back normal and now I have a healthy 9 year old. I was spotting and it was pinkish red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It can be totally normal. I know several women who had pink discharge in their first trimester and carried healthy babies to term.

Signs of miscarriage include cramping and red bleeding. The pink spotting could be from any number of things. The cervix becomes very vascular during pregnancy and any little thing can set off little bleeds.

If you saw a healthy heartbeat at your last ultrasound and you are now beyond 10 weeks your chances of miscarriage are very low.

So don't freak :) And congratulations!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Thanks. I'm praying it's nothing, but I'm terrified enough this pregnancy, since my last one ended in an early miscarriage. There's no cramping or red blood, just the once a day pink discharge. The doctor said everything was great when I went in on tuesday, but I know from experience that can change in hours, days. I am just hoping to have someone make me feel better so I will not freak out until I can talk to the doctor.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i had this same problem from week 6 to week 11 off an on went to see the dr every time but now i am 31 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy long as its not bright red with pains ur fine
    dezeray27

Answer by dezeray27 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Some docs tell you that when you are in the first three months...the discharge can possible be the uterus closing up tight. Like the others said, as long as it isnt fresh blood, then it is normal.
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2009